Venugopala Swami Temple - Mysore - Best Temple
Venugopala Swami Temple
The Venugopala Swami Temple situated at Hosa Kannambadi, close to Krishna Raja Sagara, is an illustration of Hoysala engineering in Karnataka, India. This sanctuary was inherent in the twelfth century AD around a similar time as the Chennakesava Temple at Somanathapura, Mysore locale.
Venugopala Swami Temple is a twelfth-century Hindu Sanctuary and is situated in the Mandya region of Karnataka. The tale of the Venugopala Swami Temple instructs us that assuming we as a whole do our part, nothing will be forgotten about. Prior to Sir M. Visvesvaraya forming the dam project called Krishna Raja Sagara in the year 1909 CE, this sanctuary was arranged in the ward of Kannambadi.
Because of the consequences of the venture, the Kannambadi and extra adjoining settlements were to get lowered in the repository framed. The master of Mysore around then was Krishna Raja Wadiyar IV who assumed control over the matter and migrated those settlements into a new, safe area and named it Hosa Kannambadi.
After submersion, the Venugopala Swami sanctuary would reemerge to the world during the dry spell years. At last, following 70 years, the Khoday Foundation, under the initiative of Mr. Sri Hari Khoday, began crafted by migrating and reinstalling the whole sanctuary complex close to Hosa Kannambadi.
History (The Earlier Location):
At first before the KRS or Krishna Raja Dam project was brought about by Sir M Visvesvaraya in the year 1909 the sanctuary was earlier situated in the town of Kannambadi. When the KRD project was imagined it implied that Kannambadi and the encompassing would get lowered. The lord of Mysore around then Krishna Raja Wadiyar 4 arranged for the development of new town for the occupants of Kannambadi and name the new town has osa kannambadi (New Kannambadi).
First period of the Dam was finished constantly 1930 and the VenuGopala Swami Temple or sanctuary got lowered alongside two different sanctuaries specifically Kanneshwara and kalama Temple. The fundamental Idol of Venu Gopala Swamy was moved to the new Temple in the restored town before the accommodation of the first Temple.
Tech Beyond Infinity
Submersion and Relocation:
After the KRD dam project occurred constantly 1930 the town of Kannambadi was totally covered submerged inside the backwater of the Dam. Though the town and the sanctuary was covered completely, yet the sanctuary would re-emerge at whenever the water level point in the Reservoir dropped.
It has been over 70 years that Temple lay underground or under the water. The Kodai Foundation took up the responsibility of moving and re-establishing the sanctuary under the direction of Liqor Baron and donor Mr Sriharikhoda.
It is said that at first the Restoration of the whole Complex was intended to happen at Madhuvana Park Mysore. There was a dissent against the arrangement from the residents of the Kannambadi and individuals persuaded the establishment to move the sanctuary to put close to the restored town.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get updates and learn from the best
- Romantic Bliss Awaits: Unveiling Kerala’s Top Honeymoon Destinations
- Atlanta’s Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants: A Guide to Plant-Based Delights
- Best Honeymoon Spots in India | TBI
- Cheap and Best Honeymoon Places in India | TBI
- Orion Mall Bangalore – Biggest Mall in Bangalore | TBI
- Hair Transplant in Bangalore – Top 5 Hair Transplant Places in Bangalore | TBI
- Best Restaurants in Bangalore – Top Restaurants in Bangalore | TBI
- Why Valentine’s Day is Celebrated | TBI
The new site of the sanctuary is only a km towards the north of the first site. In the event that the water level of Krishna Raja Dam (KRD) stretches around 124 feet, the water contacts the back mass of the sanctuary. The Restoration of the sanctuary was finished in the year 2011.
Mysore is well known for its heritage buildings and tourist places. The city attracts tourists from all around the globe. Mysore is located in the southern part of Karnataka state. This city was the capital of the Wodeyar dynasty who ruled for more than six centuries. One can find many tourist places in and around the city. One such famous tourist place is the Krishna Raja Sagara Dam or KRS dam. This dam is also known as Krishna Raja Sagara Dam named after Krishna Raja Wodeyar, king of Mysore. This dam is about 20km from the Mysore city premises.
Today this dam comes under the Mandya district, even though it is near Mysore city. Cauvery river runs through this dam which is a major source of drinking water for the people of Mysore, Mandya, and Bangalore City. The water is stored in the dam for agricultural purposes in the Mandya district.
The Brindavan auditorium spreads over 60 acres and is located at a distance of 21 km down from Mysore. Erected across the notable swash of India, River Cauvery, it took around five years to complete the design. The well-accompanied root show with music, voyaging and well-manicured lawn with flowerbeds are some of the top gests of Brindavan Gardens in Mysore.
Constructed in the year 1932 by the Diwan of Mysore, Sir Mirza Ismail, Brindavan Garden is visited by millions of excursionists every year. Divided into two corridors, north and south, the voyaging installation offered by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation connect the two corridors along with a walkway ground.
The first sanctuary complex was huge, with an area of around 50 sections of land (20 ha) 100 by 60 yards (91 m × 55 m).
The complex was a balanced structure encased by two ‘prakaras’ and the external door (Mahadwara) had verandahs on the two sides, flanked by the yagasala and the kitchen. This was encased continuously mahadwara, which prompted the internal fenced in area and was much the same as the Somanathapura sanctuary.
The sanctuary had a garbhagriha (sanctum sanctorum), a vestibule, a center lobby and a mukhya mantapa (principal corridor). The cell inverse to the entry had a figure of Kesava (Lord Krishna) and the south cell, containing the figure of Gopalakrishna, was a later expansion.
The new Venugopala Swami Temple/sanctuary complex is arranged 9 kilometers from the popular Brindavan Gardens. The rebuilding bunch delineated the whole old sanctuary complex precisely and afterward moved each stone to the new site at Hosa Kannambadi with the assistance of rumored specialists and artists. The whole work was effectively finished by December 2011, and from that point forward it has turned into a well known vacationer site because of its remarkable history.
Contact Sri Venugopala Swami Temple:
- Phone Number: +91 99452 74398
- Address: Krishna Rajasagara, Kannambadi, Mandya, Karnataka 571455, India
- Geocode: 12.444278, 76.566953
- The Place is opened on all days of the week.
- Venugopala Swami Temple Opens up at 07:00 AM in the Morning and till 12:00 NOON and then in the evening from 06:00 PM to 08:30 PM.
Things to do near Sri Venugopala Swami Temple
- Samyak Yoga – 13 km from Temple
- Brindavan Garden – 2.3 km from Temple
- Krishnaraja Sagar (KRS) Dam – 2.2 km from Temple
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary – 9.7 km from Temple
- Melkote – 13 km from Temple
- GoMowgli – 14.2 km from Temple
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple – 12.4 km from Temple
- Gumbaz Burial Chamber – 13.1 km from Temple
- Balmuri Falls – 5.3 km from Temple
- Nimishambha Temple – 13.1 km from Temple