Dubare Forest - Elephant Camp | TBI
Dubare is known for its elephant camp, a forest camp on the banks of the river Kaveri in the district of Kodagu, Karnataka. It is an important base for the Karnataka Forest Department’s elephants.
Situated on the banks of Cauvery in Coorg, Dubare Elephant Camp is one of the most famous places in Coorg. It draws in a huge number of travelers from all over the world. The elephant camp has a lot of elephants and offers travelers with an outstanding chance to be near them and have a few minutes with them
Kushal Nagar, Coorg District, Nanjarayapatna, Karnataka, 571234, India
Contact of Dubare Forest:
Contact Number: +91-8884 467 467 / 98451 18000
Monday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Sunday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Brief about Dubare Forest:
It is where elephants used to be prepared for Mysore Dussehra. In recent times these elephants are utilized for wilderness rides. These elephants are trained by trained professionals. Sightseers can notice the elephant’s activities from a very close distance. Prepared Naturalists offer sightseers information with regard to the Elephant’s history, ecology, and biology.
Tech Beyond Infinity
Dubare Forest Elephant Camp Entry Fee:
- 5,335 per room per night for Indians (River View Cottage)
- 8,120 per room per night for foreign tourists (River View Cottage)
- 4,720 per cottage per night for Indians (Cottage)
- 7,400 per cottage per night for foreign tourists (Cottage)
- 1,310 per person for Indians (Day Visit)
- 2,250 per person for foreign tourists (Day Visit)
- 670 per person for Indians (Elephant Camp Activities)
- 1,447 per person for foreign tourists (Elephant Camp Activities)
Here’s a list of the dreamiest romantic resorts for couples in Mysore that you must visit at least once – because we all deserve to pamper our bee once in a while.
Entry Fee of Dubare Forest Elephant Camp:
The entry fee to visit Dubare Elephant Camp is Rs. 20 per person. For a boat ride to the main camp, the tickets are priced at Rs. 30 per person. Elephant bathing and Elephant feeding activities are charged Rs. 100 and Rs. 20 respectively for Indians.
For Day activities which include camp activities, lunch, and tea/coffee, the tickets are priced at Rs. 1310 for Indians and Rs. 2250 for foreigners. Only Elephant Camp activities are charged at Rs. 670 for Indians and Rs. 1447 for foreigners.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get updates and learn from the best
- Makar Sankranti Karnataka | Pongal in KarnatakaMakar Sankranti Karnataka – TBI
- The Bangalore Café- Best Café in Bangalore | TBI
- Bengaluru High Court – High Court of Karnataka | TBI
- Best Honeymoon Places in Kerala – Top 8 Honeymoon Places in Kerala | TBI
- Food Street Bangalore- Best Food Street in Bangalore | TBI
- Candle Light Dinner in Bangalore – Best Places to have Candle Light Dinner in Bangalore – TBI
- One Night in Paris – New Year Eve Party at XU -The Leela Palace
- Best Places to Visit in Bangalore for a memorable outing | TBI
Where to stay in Dubare Forest?
There are cabins situated at the camp giving sightseers a definitive encounter to be in the midst of the best of regular settings. As there is no power here, there are generators available as a backup. One can visit the camp during the day and night.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Dubare Forest
- Older people and little children should avoid visiting the elephant camp during summer as it gets tricky while crossing the stream on foot.
- Wear quality shoes or boots with an appropriate hold to cross the waterway. You can likewise leave your footwear outside the camp and cross the stream shoeless.
- Try not to litter the spot.
- Try not to provoke the elephants and be careful with your children while going close to the elephants.
- Get some additional dresses if you would like to wash the elephants and play in the stream.
- It is proposed to carry light baggage.
Dubare Forest Per Person Per Night Rates
Weekday Weekend Weekday Weekend
Double Occupancy Single Occupancy
River View Cottage Package ₹ 5,165 ₹ 6,077 ₹ 6,715 ₹ 7,900
Forest View Cottage Package ₹ 4,714 ₹ 5,546 ₹ 6,128 ₹ 7,210
Day Visit ₹ 1,404 ₹ 1,652 ₹ 1,404 ₹ 1,652
Elephant interaction ₹ 850 ₹ 999 ₹ 850 ₹ 999
- Youngsters 5 to 12 years sharing in a parent’s room with an additional bed will include half of the adult Tax.
- Youngsters under 5 years sharing a guardian’s room without an additional bed will be free of cost.
- Workday (Sunday to Thursday) and end of the week (Friday and Saturday).
- 21st to 31st December Supplement charges will be material. Mercifully check with us for rates.
- Around 12 noon will be your check-in during which you will be able to hear the sounds of river Cauvery.
- Between 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM you will be treated to some delicious lunch.
- 4:00 PM is teatime with some snacks.
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM you will be taken for a Jeep Safari with trained professionals into the Dubare Forest.
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM is movie time when a wildlife film will be Shown.
- 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM is dinner time.
- At around 6:00 AM in the morning, you will be woken by songs of the birds and presented with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 6:30 AM – 8:00 AM will be a nature walk into the forest of Dubare.
- 8:00 – 8:30 AM breakfast will be served.
- Post 11 AM you will get an opportunity to learn about the elephants and participate in various activities like washing or scrubbing the elephants
Disadvantages in Dubare Forest:
- Transportation cost is excluded from the package.
- Cameras s are free.
- Transportation can be set up at additional expense.