Delicious & Spicy Andhra Style Chilli Chicken
Top Suggestion: Andhra style chilli chicken
Andhra-style chilli chicken is one of the most popular and spicy non-veg dishes. We can taste this recipe in many popular restaurants like RRR, Nagarjuna, Nandhini, and other Andhra style restaurants. But we will let you the methods involved in the preparation of Andhra-style chilli chicken. So that you can prepare in your home. One can eat this dish along with veg meals.
Andhra Style Chilli chicken is a dry chicken recipe. It is spiced mainly with green chillies and so it appears green in colour. It can be served as a dry snack or a side dish with your white rice. One must serve Andhra Style Chilli Chicken with Rasam and white rice. It is one of the best combinations.
Ingredients needed for Andhra Style Chilli Chicken
- Chicken 500 grams
- Green Chillies 12-15
- Ginger Garlic paste
- Vinegar 1 Spoon
- Soya Sauce 1 Spoon
- Salt for taste
- Oil 3-4 Spoons
- Turmeric 1/4 Spoon
- Cornflour 1 Spoon
Steps/Preparation: Andhra Style Chilli Chicken
- The first step involved in preparing Andhra-style Chilli Chicken is to wash the chicken thoroughly. Prepare green chilli paste. Add the chicken into the mixing bowl along with chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste. Mix the items thoroughly and marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Add the cornflour with 1/4 cup of water. Mix it well and keep it set aside.
3. In a frying-based pan, add the cooking oil and let it heat for 5 minutes. Once the oil is heated up, add 2 tsp chopped garlic and the chopped green chillies. Fry the garlic until it starts to turn brown.
4. Now add the marinated chicken and fry well. Keep stirring frequently for 6-8 minutes or until the raw smell of the ginger garlic disappears.
5. Now Add the soya sauce and the remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Stir for 3-4 minutes and add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil. Once the curry reaches a rolling boil, reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
Here’s a list of the dreamiest romantic resorts for couples in Mysore that you must visit at least once – because we all deserve to pamper our bee once in a while.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get updates and learn from the best
- Romantic Bliss Awaits: Unveiling Kerala’s Top Honeymoon Destinations
- Atlanta’s Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants: A Guide to Plant-Based Delights
- Best Honeymoon Spots in India | TBI
- Cheap and Best Honeymoon Places in India | TBI
- Orion Mall Bangalore – Biggest Mall in Bangalore | TBI
- Hair Transplant in Bangalore – Top 5 Hair Transplant Places in Bangalore | TBI
- Best Restaurants in Bangalore – Top Restaurants in Bangalore | TBI
- Why Valentine’s Day is Celebrated | TBI
6. Remove the lid. Stir the cornflour slurry well and add it to the chicken. Once you add the cornflour, the gravy becomes thick. Turn up the heat and let the gravy thicken for 5 minutes. You can add salt or vinegar for taste if needed. Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken to a serving bowl. Serve the chilli chicken with either rice or as a non-veg starter.
Preparation Time: 10
Cook Time: 30
Marinating Duration: 30mins
Total Duration: 40 mins
Frequently asked Questions:
1. What is Andhra Style Chilli chicken?
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken is a delicious South Indian non-veg starter or side dish served in most non-veg restaurants across South India. It is prepared mainly of fresh green chillies, Indian spices, and a few masalas. This will deliver an irresistible flavour and spiceness to the dish.
2. Can I make this Andhra Style chilli chicken less spicy?
Yes, you could prepare this green chilli chicken less or more spicy by adjusting the number of green chillies being used in this recipe.
3. How to make the Andhra Style Chilli chicken gravy?
To make Andhra Style chilli chicken gravy just switch off the heat once the gravy starts to thicken and add corn flour water to make the dish gravy and thick.
4. Is Andhra Style Chilli chicken healthy?
You can prepare Andhra Style Chilly Chicken at home in a simple, tasty and healthy manner. Chicken is rich in proteins and adding capsicum and onions to it only adds up the nutritional value, making it a healthy lunch option.
5. Is Andhra Style Chilli chicken good for weight loss?
For starters, Andhra Style Chilli Chicken is one of the most preferred dishes. There’s nothing like starting our meal at restaurants with a plateful of crispy chilli chicken. Chicken is packed with proteins, which makes it an ideal food for weight loss.